Sunday, December 30, 2007

We start our trip

Thursday the 27th was a very busy day for us. It was GREAT to see Dewey, Joyce, Matt, and Casey. Lisa and Chris with his sister and brother stopped by and we were able to enjoy Jeremy, Missi, Catlin and Alex as well (we missed Tesa). The pizza was good, the get together better. Thanks all for coming by and seeing us off.

Friday we finished packing and made the decision to wait until Saturday morning for departure. Lisa and Chris dropped by for a final farewell, I ALREADY miss you Lisa!!! We forced and invitation for supper from Jeremy and the chicken roasted with cans of pop stuck up their butts was probably the some of the best we have tasted. It was great and we got to visit a little before heading home.

We used the hot tub, for the last time for awhile as we haven't quite figured out how to transport it with us. I'm not sure the camp grounds would appreciate a request for 550 gallons of water and a 220 line to the site. We were to sleep in the motor home as the beds had been changed out already. Checking the electronic board I noticed that we had NO electricity and were on the batterry system totally. So at 11:00 at night I was busy trouple shooting the electrical system. We have beed having problems with it this summer and it has been an intermitet thing. Usually a tap on on of the two components at the inlet side of the circuit corrected the problem, but not tonight. With a little frustration I tapped the surge protector component, then the transfer box and little harder and observed a spark at the large twist lock plug which feeds electric to the circuit breaker box. A slight twist of it and everything seemed to be restored.

In some ways I am glad that it didn't correct itself soo easily this time. NOW I know where the problem is and it should be a fairly easy (famous last words) repair to make and have decide to wait until we arrive in Florida before repairing.

We visited with our neighbors and chatted with jay, Connie, Cortney and Hanna for a short time Saturday morning on the way out. We haven't been able to see much of them all summer and it was amazing just how fast they are growing up. We left at 10:00am.

Our travels down the road were un eventful for the most part. We stopped to take on fuel, I ran over a curb and had three young men hanging suspiciously around the Jeep while we were inside paying for fuel. We traveled until about 11:00 and pulled into the Georgia Welcome Center at the SC border. The jeep battery is totally dead, I think I left the key in the wrong position and it drained the battery. We wil jump it in the morning or wait until we arrive at the camp ground before worring about it.

It has been noisy with all the trucks in here, the parking is crazy and I don't even think I can get out until some trucks move ... .. but who cares .. it is warm here.


We have discovered that our coach battieries are in worse shape than I had thought. Although they did carry the load for the few hours of sleep, we will have to replace them next week. Good thing the generator decided to start up and run.

We are parked next to at motor home pulling this trailer. A boat on top, a car and motorcycle on the bottom. For all those looking for things for my birthday .. this is it!!

Well it is 6:00am, so I think I shall get a cup of coffee and try and wiggle out of this confused parking lot! WHY do the big trucks run their engines all night long?

Thanks again for wishing us safe travels ... .. ...

Glenn

No comments: