We left our campground in Jamul, CA on Tuesday, 2/19, and headed up to Pomona. We timed it so we wouldn't have to deal with rush hour traffic. After all, this is the L.A. area we are talking about! On the way, we hooked up with Joe and Nancy Wright. Joe is the other person on Glenn's safety team. We drove into the Fairplex together, got parked without incident. All the parking here is on asphalt, so no worries about getting stuck in the mud. Good thing, as we have had a good amount of rain with more to come.
Glenn has been issued his radio and golf cart, so he is good to go! I spent a couple of hours yesterday morning helping to stuff 3500 Welcome bags. That was quite a production, but there were plenty of volunteers and we got it done in record time. Today and Sunday, I will be manning one of the booths (3 hours each shift) where attendees will turn in their locator cards and receive their Welcome bags. Hopefully it will warm up a little by the time I report for duty!
The convention offically starts on Monday and the sun is supposed to return and stick around for the rest of the convention. So glad!
I forgot to mention, we had dinner with Joe and Nancy before coming to the convention. We found a Mexican seafood resturant where I had the most delicious dinner. It was shrimp stuffed with crab and it was wrapped in bacon. It was heavenly! I would love to know how they got the bacon crisp without overcooking the shrimp.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment