Today was a relaxing day. We slept in a little late and enjoyed a late cup of coffee. We spent the morning calling the insurance company and different repair shops. There is one in Bend, Oregon which has been recommended and upon talking to others, decided that we would go there and have the motor home repaired.
It will keep us from visiting the redwoods on the coast and probably doing some more visiting along the coast, but we want be at Trevor's by the second week of May. We were going to just meander anyway, so now we will use the meandering time for repairs.
In Bend there is a Thousand Trails so we will go to the service shop on Friday to get estimates and check into the TT until the parts come in and they are ready to work on the motor home. The service center actually has a parking lot which has 50 amp electrical service for us to use at night. We can spend days visiting the TT and pool and sauna etc, or do some site seeing in the area ... I think we can find enough things to do to keep us busy.
I spent some time securing the generator door to the motor home and I think it will be secure enough to travel the 600 miles to the service center. I am glad I brought a few tools. I found out though that next time NOT to purchase 99 cent drill bits if I want them to really drill anything! Well,used some screws and duct tape and I think it is ready to go. The left headlight is in place, and some duct tape will hold it there. The right headlight is gone, so is all the mounting brackets, but I can get the turn signal to work with a new light bulb and some tape, I think. So see, it isn't as bad as you thought .. although it isn't very attractive. Crawling underneath, I was amazed just how far the front had been pushed inward. The control on the heater core was broken and it sits a good 6-8 inches and it was busted clean off. I have the radiator hoses bent and tied to stop the antifreeze from leaking. Pretty good temp work ... wish I had some baling wire .....
Tomorrow we are off to Pinnacles National Monument. This will will be our last day here as we leave for Bend, Oregon on Wednesday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment