We got to the post office and retrieved our mail. It is amazing just how much Jeremy can get into one of those prepaid boxes! It cost $9.00 dollars and when they weighed it at the post office they indicated it would have cost twice that much sending it regular rate. So Jeremy, you "done good".
I called the orchid facility and it was nothing more than a store, so I convinced Marcie that we didn't really need to go look at flowers. We found a parking spot and she went in search of the scrap book store while I stayed in the car and went through the mail. Read some magazines, watched some girls in the car in front of me change from running clothes into office clothes. Must be a urban "thing". They didn't seem to really care whom was watching, NOT that I did!
Well, Marcie came back and we took off to see what the "Stearns Wharf" was. We parked in a lot close by and walked out to the pier. It had a history of fires and it was interesting read about them. There were a number of shops, a bait shop and some restaurants. We watched a dive team work clearing some debris from below the pier, watch some fisherman catch as many fish as I normally do (none) and just enjoyed the fresh air and the sound of sea gulls. We spotted a restaurant with an upstairs open balcony and had a late lunch. It was a little pricey, we both had salads as we are trying to lose weight. It was a nice place to eat. Afterwards we walked down to the boat docks and listened to a college course being conducted on how to sail. It was interesting, but can you imagine getting a college credit for sailing lessons? Oh my, I remember when Lisa took a class at OSU in bowling
We walked back to the car, passing a number of homeless. I guess if you are going to be homeless, Santa Barbara with it's mild climate and beautiful scenery is not a bad place to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment