Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This Thousand Trails Preserve is absolutely gorgeous. It is carved out of a heavy pine forest. The hot tub is open, the little store is as well. There are many different attractions in the area ... most aren't open and the rest we don't feel adventurous enough to venture out hiking in 30 degree temperatures. The site we are on has 50 amp electrical service, so we can use the electric heat pumps, UNTIL it get colder than 30, then it switches over to the propane furnace. At least we are staying warm.

Yesterday afternoon we kept busy getting mail ready, going to the post office and spent hours at a Fred Meyers store. Pretty bad when you go shopping for entertainment .. and dangerous for the wallet as well . Anyway we haven't grocery shopped for quite awhile. We are amazed at the cost of groceries in general.

We got up to a couple inches of snow. We hadn't heard anything on the news the evening before, guess weather people are the same everywhere. I saw a number of tracks in the snow, looks like rabbit tracks. Put out some corn for the squirrels, they are pretty much keeping bird feeders cleaned out. The snow is melting quickly and is now sleeting/raining. Oh my, such a site, NOW we realize WHY we left Ohio.

Well found something to keep me busy .... the gray water tank is full and the fresh water tank is empty, so I get to move the motor home to the dump station and fill up and empty. YEA ... .. such an adventure. Too bad I didn't bring snow boots, or a hooded jacket, or gloves ... .... "the best laid plans of mice and men".

Well, at least we have good cell phone service, and excellent Internet connection. I was afraid being this far out from the city of Bend, that we wouldn't have very good coverage. We had called the preserve prior to arriving and they had told us that Verizon was "spotty" in the park. So I guess we are in one of those good spots.

It has been frustrating working with the service center and the adjuster. I don't think it is either's fault, but the situation is frustrating. The insurance adjuster was out sick on Friday, didn't answer calls Monday and thus far hasn't returned our call today. I suspect that we are just a bit on the eager side and just want to get on with our plans. I have checked with the service center in Indiana, they could get us in for repairs in July and since we will be close to that area anyway, it may be the best alternative. They can repair it in about a week, while we are looking at 3 weeks here, AFTER a six week delivery wait for the cap. So we are considering all options and if only we could actually talk to the adjuster, I think we could get on with traveling to Trevor's and keep our plans intact. Time will tell.

No comments: